Pupils and students from each class nominate a student council member to represent them in their termly meetings. They can make suggestions and discuss ideas regarding the wants and needs of the students in their class.
At the latest Student Council Meeting in October, many points were discussed.
Follow up from the previous meeting:
- The suggestion for current pupils to show new pupils around the school was agreed.
- A stock take of balls available in the playgrounds at break times has been made and new balls are being allocated and ordered.
- The request for a shaded area for the Sixth Form garden is being looked into. The paved area is being made safe first, and then a solution for shade will be looked at then.
- The music at break times was too loud, so the instruction to turn this down has been passed on.
New comments and suggestions:
- Suggestions about improvements and requests for various food and drink at lunch times.
- Upper School toilets - request for some maintenance work.
- The new furniture in Avon class (new class this year) is liked by the students.
- Request for some new and topic specific library books.
- Sixth Form garden - request for some maintenance work.
Other Points Addressed:
- Remembrance Garden - Mrs Wall (Head Teacher) explained to the council members how Paige (Student Chair of Student Council) represented them and the school at the official opening of the Remembrance Garden. Mrs Wall thanked Paige for how well she had spoken to guests who attended the event.
- John (Business Manager) explained about the new winter school dinners menu and requested feedback from the council about this at the next meeting.
- Pupil Survey - Mrs Wall would like the council members to ask the students in their classes questions about the school and feedback for the student council meetings.